Workflows are used to track the progress of various business processes in PolyPM. Whether its style development, lab dips, or production, PolyPM lets you define the tasks that reflect your business practices. Workflows enable management and users to develop schedules, track progress and instantly communicate with people involved in these processes.
A workflow is a set of tasks that are grouped together. The tasks are the various steps that are followed to complete the specified business process. In PolyPM, workflows are designed in a flow chart, enabling the user to easily model the process by graphically seeing the structure of the workflow. Workflows can be attached to styles, fabrics, components, raw materials, and production orders. Each task in a workflow has a specified time for completion and various users that are associated with the task.
Using PolyPM’s embedded flowchart software, users model the business process by mapping out the tasks that need to be completed, including parallel processes, alternate path processes, and approval processes. The workflow is saved in a Workflow Template. Then when the user is ready to schedule a process, the user selects a Workflow Template, if necessary, edits the workflow, and then schedules the tasks by starting the workflow. The schedule can be based on either a start date or finish date. Using the amount of time allotted for each task, a schedule is developed showing a Schedule Date and Forecast Date for each task.
As each task is completed, the Forecast Date is updated, showing a side-by-side comparison between the original Schedule Date and the current Forecast Date. When a task is either completed or late, messages are instantly sent to the appropriate users informing them of the status. In addition, when a task is completed, a message can be sent to the user responsible for the next task.
Using the various workflow features, management can evaluate its overall progress and if necessary shift resources or adjust priorities. Workflows become an essential management tool for a business, helping to maintain schedules, avoid conflicts, and balance resources.
Workflows have the following features:
- Graphically define workflows using flowcharts
- Management dashboards summarize progress
- Track product development, material development or production
- Automatic messages to members responsible for a task
- Support standard, parallel, alternative path and approval tasks
- Track production for multiple contractors
- Generate forecast and schedule tasks
- Reschedule tasks and update forecast
- Automatic alerts on late tasks
- Schedule from start of finish dates
- Run multiple workflows at one time
- Generate work-in-progress reports
- Assign approved, reviewer, and escalate users
- Use multiple calendars for team players in multiple countries
- Assign resources to each task